THREE trapped children were burnt alive in a house blaze after their mom allegedly locked them inside so she could go on a booze binge.
Diogo Monteiro, four, his brother Caio, two, and baby sister eight-month-old Vitoria Sofia died in the horrific fire at home in Rio Branco, Brazil.
Jociane Monteiro, with her son Caio, two
Eight-month-old baby, Vitoria Sofia Monteiro de Freitas
Diogo Monteiro de Freitas, aged four
Neighbours alerted to their petrified screams couldn't rescue the siblings as the door to the home was padlocked, reports claim.
G1 Globo reports that by the time firefighters arrived at the Portal da Amazonia neighbourhood the home was being ripped apart by flames.
Doctors cried when they saw the dead siblings, according to local media.
Their mum, Jociane Monteiro, 23, was arrested and taken to the Flagrant Police Station.
The triple fatality happened on the night of December 19.
Investigators believe the deadly blaze may have been sparked by a short circuit in a fan.
Horrific photos show the house was gutted by the fierce flames.
Scorched children's clothes lie on the charred floor, between fallen, blackened timber beams.
Caio Evangelista Monteiro, two, died along his siblings in Brazil
Jociane Monteiro, with her son Diogo Monteiro de Freitas, four
Another image shows the thick, heavy front door fastened with a metal padlock and thick chain.
The small wooden home of about 12 sq m (129 sq ft) was completely engulfed in flames.
Firefighters were only able to stop the flames from spreading to neighbouring houses.
Judge Marcelo Coelho Carvalho, of the Court of Justice, allowed Monteiro to be released, reports AC24 Horas.
The judge explained that because of the coronavirus pandemic in Brazil, the mum was to be granted "provisional release" from custody as a "precautionary measure".
She will later face trial for neglect.
Tell us your opinion of this article in the comment section! And share the article with your friends if you thought it was cool!